Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design



CONTROLS: Use arrow keys to move. In level 1, touch the red square to get to level 2. In level 2, touch the blue square to get to the boss fight. Press space bar to shoot lasers at Randy Orton. Do not touch him! The orange pool in level 2 is deadly lava. WARNING! This game is super hard. Beat the game before the time runs out. Good luck. In level 2, keep hitting the up arrow to sort of glide above the lava. Once you hit the space bar, you can not press any other arrow!




Scratch Chase Game
How to play: Touch red part to score. Do not touch referee or else you will lose points. Use arrow keys to move. Get to ten points to win. 


Experience from playing other games gave me ideas that would really be useful. It made me think of the players and how they should play it.  Therefore, I decided to make easy controls that most people are used to; the arrow keys. I made it so that up is obviously up, left is left, right is right, etc. I made my games moving pretty smooth so that it would not be disappointing. That is how experience helped me create a better game!

My platformer game and my chase game are very different. The two games have two things in common though. First, I customized thew characters in both games. Also, there is an enemy in both of my games. Now the differences. In my platformer game, there is a boss fight. Also in my platformer, there is way more code than my chase game. There are obstacles and time. There is even levels! Those are how my two games are alike and different.

My best code in scratch was definitely in my platformer game. My best code was either my shooting script which was actually simple yet super effective. Also, my levels took a while to code. It was again, simple, yet also effective. My hardest bug fixes was also in my platformer game. I could not figure out how to stand on my platforms. It was very simple, but at that time I did not know much about scratch. That is a wrap of my best code and my hardest code.





                       

11 comments:

  1. Hi Josiah loved your soccer theme as I know it means a lot to you. However I feel that your chaser moves way to quickly for you to run. Loved how you did a little customization for your sprite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josiah, I enjoy your soccer game, your sprites are very detailed. But I agree with Nicholas its very hard to win points when the sprite is so fast (try changing the steps to 8 or 7) and try draw the Red part a little bigger so it's easier to get points. After this I think your game will be even more amazing after theese small changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nicholas, the referee sprite's speed makes it harder to win the game. But I like what the referee says when the green flag is clicked. I thought it was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josiah, your game was cool and challenging, however as Kaile said the red part was a little hard to get to and maybe you could make more and bigger red parts, but overall your game was good but these changes could make it like a game Chaotic made

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josiah, your game was cool and challenging, however as Kaile said the red part was a little hard to get to and maybe you could make more and bigger red parts, but overall your game was good but these changes could make it like a game Chaotic made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you added so much detail to the background. Maybe you could make it a little clearer where you are supposed to go in the game. Overall, I think that you did a GREAT job!!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josiah, great game. It was challenging but, However in the first level, it was hard to figure out what to touch to go to the second level. Otherwise, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your platform game is so cool! The boss fight is so awesome! I like how you added an explosion if you lost. One thing you might want to change is your gravity engine, it's a little glitchy. ( http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Simulating_Gravity ) I also really likes how you made custom levels! Overall, your game was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the sprites and background you chose for your chase game!! One suggestion I'd have is to possibly make the sprites move a little slower. Overall awesome job, I really liked the soccer theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice background but your referee moves too fast making it too hard. And also trying to reach ten points to win makes your game a little too unfair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I really loved how you had the boss fight at the end! But you should make it more clear as to how to get to the red/ blue block. Other than that, great job! I love your little stick figure.

    ReplyDelete